Finding Local Partners: Household Audits
Check out the organizations already doing good work in your community. Many existing service groups have identified community needs and built the expertise to provide solutions. Get plugged in with them!
It will be helpful to provide background on the local service landscape to the attendees of your house meeting. A few phone calls can produce all the information you need to know your options.
- Search for local organizations working in energy conservation like your state energy office, local chapter of the Sierra Club or Public Interest Research Group (PIRG), local home improvement stores, and local utility company
- Identify organizations within your own community and find out how you can serve their needs
- What kind of groups should be contacted for expertise?
- What kind of groups should be tapped for volunteer base/audience (sample phone script below).
- Ask how you can help them make more people aware about saving energy.
Terms of Participation: Find a Volunteer Opportunity | Register a Project
Corporation for National and Community Service | Contact Us | Security and Privacy
Link to Us / Logos | Accessibility | FOIA | No Fear Act | Site Notices | Federal Register Notices | USA.gov
This is an official website of the U.S. Government
Site Last Updated: February 11, 2016