House Meeting Agenda
***Before starting the meeting, have everyone sign in and appoint a timekeeper who will keep each section running on time.***
0:00-0:10 Host welcome and introduction
- Host of the meeting introduces themselves and welcomes attendees.
- Host shares why (s)he was inspired to organize the house meeting and the purpose of the meeting.
0:10-0:25 Attendee introductions
- Go around the room and ask each person to introduce themselves and share their reason for wanting to serve.
0:25-0:45 Choose a project
- Host introduces three or four project ideas and opens up the room for discussion.
- Discuss what projects will work best in your community.
- Group votes on project choice.
0:45-0:55 Set goals and identify leadership
- Ask which attendees are interested in being volunteer leaders - they should stay after the meeting for 15 minutes and commit to a weekly planning meeting beginning 2-3 months before the service project.
- Ask each attendee to consider personal summer goals and make a realistic but ambitious service commitment.
- At the end of the meeting, the group should have:
- At least one project to commit to.
- A leadership team.
- Pledges from each attendee to participate.
1:00-1:15 Leadership team meeting
- Meet with volunteer leaders to set weekly meeting and divide responsibilities.
- Fill out attached worksheets.
Terms of Participation: Find a Volunteer Opportunity | Register a Project
Corporation for National and Community Service | Contact Us | Security and Privacy
Link to Us / Logos | Accessibility | FOIA | No Fear Act | Site Notices | Federal Register Notices | USA.gov
This is an official website of the U.S. Government
Site Last Updated: November 23, 2015