Summer time is the best time to stay active and get fit - turn lazy summer days into playtime adventures by taking the Let's Read. Let's Move. Summer Fitness Challenge!
Summer provides many opportunities to get active - whether it be at the pool, hiking a local trail, or playing in a neighborhood softball game. With most kids out of school, summer is the perfect time to get outside and get active. Why not use the remaining days of sunny weather and no school as an opportunity to challenge yourself and the kids in your life physically?
We want YOU to take the challenge - for six weeks starting August 9th and running through October 1st, track your activity with people from across the country as we all work together to achieve personal and group fitness goals, while being a part of a nationwide movement.
It's Easy to Get Involved:
- Create your activity log by visiting PresidentsChallenge.org
- Join the United We Serve group
Group ID Number: 91834
Group Member ID/Name: United We Serve
- To participate, youth under 18 need to complete 60 minutes of activity per day (adults: 30 minutes per day), at least five days a week, for six weeks.
- Complete your six weeks between August 9th and October 1st, 2010.
- Track your activity daily -there are over a hundred activities to chose from.
And to add a challenge to a challenge – we ask that you also consider incorporating service into your fitness challenge. There are organizations across the country that infuse activity into volunteering. Find a volunteer activity today.